World Church Affirmation Sabbath
Join us in welcoming WCAS to Sacramento Central on Sabbath, March 17, 2018 for presentations from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM in the Sanctuary and refreshments in the Camellia Room following
World Church Affirmation Sabbath (WCAS) is a gathering, organized by lay members, to affirm the Seventh-day Adventist Church as a world church and for fellowship, encouragement, and education. The March 17, 2013 presentation at Sacramento Central will be on “Doing God’s Work, In God’s Way!“.
World Church Affirmation Sabbath (WCAS) exists to affirm the leadership of the General Conference and the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church around the world. We uphold these truths in accordance with the teachings of the Holy Bible and the writings of Ellen G. White. We share this mission with like-minded Adventists who also choose to stand for these beliefs and share the Three-Angels Messages with the world; that the world may become of Christ convicted, to Christ committed, for Christ compelled.
Principles of Action
1. Participants support the decisions of the world church expressed through the General Conference.
2. Participants seek unity on the basis of inspired truth rather than cultural compromise.
3. Participants uphold God’s purpose for church organization and for pressing together rather than separation.
4. Participants learn Protestant biblical interpretation—the historical-grammatical method.
5. Participants are active and responsible members in their local congregation.
6. Participants learn how to work effectively in board and constituency meetings.
7. Participants commit themselves to pray for faithful workers, and for Heaven to provide godly, decisive leaders for the harvest.
8. Participants embrace the conviction that God is in control, and choose not to be intimidated by factions opposing truth in the Church.
9. Emphasizing connection to Jesus our Lord, participants learn how to resist pluralism, congregationalism, and other present errors.
10. World Church Affirmation Sabbath emphasizes the Seventh-day Adventist representative form of church governance. We are the Church.
For more information on the World Church Affirmation Sabbath, please visit their website at www.affirmationsabbath.org