Live life to the fullest! Belong to a L.I.F.E. Group.
What does L.I.F.E. stand for?
Learning from the Bible
Inspiration through prayer
Fellowship with one another
Evangelize the community
“The formation of small companies as a basis of Christian effort is a plan that has been presented before me by One who can not err. If there is a large number in the church, let the members be formed into small companies, to work not only for the church members, but for unbelievers also. If in one place there are only two or three who know the truth, let them form themselves into a band of workers.” -(Ellen G. White, Evangelism, p. 115)
God’s Plan for His Church
- We bear the divine image (Genesis 1:26), which means that we are fashioned for fellowship.
- There is fellowship and teamwork in the Godhead itself. The Father, Son & Holy Spirit live in community and fellowship
- We are called to pattern after the fellowship of the Godhead
Following the Early Christian Church Model
- Jesus began the Christian Church by forming a small group of twelve disciples (Mark 3:14).
- Early Christians met together frequently in small groups for fellowship, to study the Word, and to share their faith. (Acts 2:42, 46)
- Small groups provided enduring power to some of the important spiritual revivals of the past.
- By meeting in small groups we fulfill the Bible’s admonition to “consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some.” (Hebrews 10:24, 25)
What Happens in a mid-week L.I.F.E. Group?
- Heart-felt needs are sensitively listened to
- Prayer is shared
- Songs are sung
- The Bible is studied & discussed
- Souls are worked for
- Small groups are the building blocks of the church, not designed to take the place of corporate worship, but to enhance it.
11 Reasons to Belong to a L.I.F.E. Group
- You will come to better understand how the Bible applies to daily living
- You will connect better with others for fellowship as a part of the family of God
- Prayer will become more meaningful to you
- You will come to better handle stress and pressure
- You will develop a natural way to share Christ with friends, relatives, and work colleagues
- You will develop leadership skills you never knew you had
- You will deepen your understanding of worship
- Inspiration instructs us to have small groups
- Research shows that small groups are vital for being a healthy, growing church
- You will be preparing for more effective service in the last days
- God promises to pour out His Spirit on believers in community
I want to be a part of a L.I.F.E. group! What do I do now?
Contact L.I.F.E. Group coordinators:
Richard Anger 916-681-3990
Robert Aguilar 916-681-0107
They will put you in touch with a group that is near you.